I suggest you ...

Rotate Shapes

Implement Rotate handle for shapes.

675 votes
Jim LeJim Le shared this idea  · 
completed  ·  AdminMoqups Support (Moqups Support, Moqups) responded  · 

Rotation is finally here! This was a tough one and it required us to rewrite and rethink significant parts of the code (well, all the code).

You can now rotate pretty much everything, single or multiple objects. To rotate the objects, use the dedicated circle shaped handle on top of each selected object or enter the rotation angle manually in the Size & Position tab on the right sidebar.

We’d love to hear your feedback and questions!

The rotation feature is available in the new Moqups 2 Beta available here: https://app.moqups.com

Love,
— the Moqups team

31 comments

• Jay commented  · 

Why cant I rotate a Triangle?

• Anonymous commented  · 

The basic shapes and many of the elements become pretty useless without this

• Anonymous commented  · 

Can't believe I can't rotate a triangle. And there's no stencil for a carousel, so how can I show back/forward options in a rectangle?

• nico commented  · 

Definitely need a rotate feature. I'm actually shocked it's not already implemented. Someone said they couldn't imagine why someone would want to rotate a shape? Well, how about rotated triangles at 90 degrees for navigation of banners, accordions, quote rotators, etc... Trying to make a quick mockup and I'm finding that I could have done it in Photoshop much faster since I cannot rotate shapes. Just a bit frustrating. Also, it doesn't matter that CSS box model doesn't support it when you're using icon fonts for the shapes.

• Alex Askerman commented  · 

Is this company entirely fools? A request for rotation in 2012 and still not added in 2015. Literally cannot make certain designs without this fundamental feature. You can't even create a downwards facing arrow since the arrow shape only points up.

• Roman commented  · 

I just cannot realize why one might need a rotated shape. I have never seen a single web page with a box rotated by e.g. 45 deg. And that is surprise since CSS box model doesn't support it. Or do you guys mean rotating by 90 and 180 deg. I would call this flipping.

• PerryPerry commented  · 

Just started using this and one of the first things I tried to do was rotate a shape. Had to imbed images instead to get what I was after. Would be nice to have this feature.

• RenatoRenato commented  · 

How much time to implement rotate feature for shapes and text objects? I really need this.

• ilanuka commented  · 

I CAN´T BELIEVE THIS TOOL DOESN´T EXIST!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

For the love of god add a rotate function! I love everything about this and this is my only con!

• Bostjan commented  · 

Absolutely, rotating shapes is a must!

• Mat commented  · 

Yes, wtf ??? how a so pretty good tool can lack of such an obvious function. Thanks anyway for the whole (great) job !

• Vasile commented  · 

Definitely need a vertical slider.

• Adrian Rowbotham commented  · 

Yes, especially frustrating that i can't rotate the slider 90º to make it vertical

• Jeff commented  · 

PLEASE add the rotate feature! Critical to achieve effective mocks.

• Brian commented  · 

...and icons.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

The Community was retired in March, 2017. To send your feedback and suggestions, please visit our new Moqups Help Center.

Moqups homepage → Help Center →