I suggest you ...

Export HTML

Ability to export the mockups to html/html 5. Nothing special on the generation just plain html is fine, however, if it could be HTML/CSS that would be a plus.

228 votes
JoshJosh shared this idea  · 

9 comments

• Neill Ritchie commented  · 

Guys you have a great product, I have recommended it several times already.

It just WORKS like it should, I haven't noticed any bugs at all.

Providing the capability to export HTML5 and CSS3 would make this a very powerful design tool. Moqups would be then even more part of a designer / developers workflow.

This would take your product into a different league entirely.

• DS commented  · 

Are you guys planning on doing this in the future?

For a mockup solution this is a must!

Will stop using if feature won't be add in the future.

• Luciano Santa Brígida commented  · 

Exporting the mockups as images with linked clickable areas is also a good solution. It helps to demonstrate the mockup to clients.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Does this ever result in code you can actually use? Everyone tries it, and as far as I can tell, it just ends up generating messy code that no one wants to use. Maybe a waste of time to implement?

• Paul commented  · 

Just to have the ability to use the interactive version offline would be great.

• DaniSantiDaniSanti commented  · 

Agree, it would be useful for many designers have the option to see the main HTML code/structure with a bit of CSS.

• rinse commented  · 

Indeed, would be nice if I could give each item in a list a seperate hyperlink. For example the list bar stencil Link 1, *Link2, Link 3 would than become. <a href="page1">link1</a>, <a href="page1">*Link2</a>, etc. Than also in the preview each page would probably get its owen url.

• Justin Deutsch commented  · 

Agreed. As the tool is obviously designed to be good at web page/application design I intend to use the tool for this. It would be fantastic if HTML pages could be generated and then used as a basis for web application development

Feedback and Knowledge Base

The Community was retired in March, 2017. To send your feedback and suggestions, please visit our new Moqups Help Center.

Moqups homepage → Help Center →