I suggest you ...

Combo box that opens as a list

I imagine the possibility to open a combo box as it normally works, with a dropdown list

191 votes
Daniele shared this idea  · 

13 comments

• daithi commented  · 

this is a blocker for sure

• AdminMoqups Support (Moqups Support, Moqups) commented  · 

Hello,

Thank you all for the useful feedback from this thread!

We're working hard on including functionalities like this one in the new version of Moqups (app.moqups.com), so you can expect to see this in the future. Until then, Moqups can only create static designs, i.e. the form fields are not interactive when you preview the project. For combo boxes, if you want to show the "open state" of a combo box, you can use a rectangle stencil + a paragraph stencil underneath the select box to describe the dropdown.

You might also find the Links & Hotspots feature useful for simulating interactivity: https://moqups.com/help/links-and-hotspots/

Only bests,
    Krisztina from Moqups

• KyleKyle commented  · 

This is the reason i can't use Moqups for prototyping.

• Adam Fm commented  · 

Well????????
    Hello moqups, wake up!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Paid for this shit...No dropdown functionality

• Anonymous commented  · 

yes... this would be a great feature to have!

• Matt commented  · 

why am I paying monthly/yearly if I cant even have a dropdown list appear???

• Anonymous commented  · 

If you could switch between code view html and view and copy the dropdown code from another website then paste and change the contents.
    The only advantage I see to a wireframe format is to take the page size proportions and rendering guesswork out of an actual page so that it doesn't fall apart on different screens or browsers.
    I used to follow css community for inspiration and design ideas where you could see the finished product and imitate the scripts. Plunking stuff on a page looks sloppy without the style part.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Oh my, I thought it was me doing something wrong! I couldn't figure out how to get my dropdown list of items in there!!! YES - this is a common feature, even Excel lets you create a picklist!!! Please add!!!

• bheet commented  · 

Agree - this was what I expected -- to be able to select the combo box, and type several lines to appear in the drop-down as separate selections.

• Hien NguyenHien Nguyen commented  · 

yes, agreed, why has this been left out??

• José Luis De Prat commented  · 

I vote for it ... and ideally if any item can have a different link when selected .... so we can simulate different actions for each item

Feedback and Knowledge Base

The Community was retired in March, 2017. To send your feedback and suggestions, please visit our new Moqups Help Center.

Moqups homepage → Help Center →